Tuesday, February 21, 2017

On Thin Ice, A Goat's Opinion

It's been another exhausting week of Swedish terrorists and meltdowns, but at least there are goats.
I took this photo last fall and it kept making me laugh so I've kept it as my Facebook profile picture.
I recently shared an article with my cousin on Facebook asking if she could get me a meeting with the Lucky Charms Leprechaun because she was Irish. Someone popped up and called me a "pussyhat." So now the goat has a hat (and a Swedish flag).
What will he wear next, a black armband for the next SUV to fall through the ice? We all knew something on wheels would get sucked into a lake this week. We were waiting for this to happen. Is it funnier that it was an Escalade? Is it scarier that it happened more than 185 miles north of here because, in my backyard, people still had shacks, ATVs and themselves out on the ice.


I met these guys today, couldn't you just eat them up with a spoon? Or a knife and fork. I kid (get it?).


Somehow knew I made lamb pie last night and was okay with it


I had to keep backing up cuz this guy kept trying to cuddle. At least I think that's what he was doing—🐐🐐🐐🐐


I swear this old goat did not move the entire afternoon


And on the what is wrong with you, no seriously what is wrong with you front, I took these shots Sunday on Lake Monona. We all know how warm it's been and these are not the first canoeists I saw last weekend. This is, however, the first canoe I saw with ice fishermen STILL ON THE ICE BEHIND THEM.

"Oh look, honey, those men are insane."


Ice fisherman directly behind them and more to the left out of frame. No comment on canoeing in this frigid water


View from behind and to the left of the canoe. Yes, that's an ATV



Am waiting for this to fall through if it hasn't already


Under the bridge by Lucky's on the Lake today, aka February Sunburn


From Sunday: A good cover for a book about a serial killer?


Let's all walk on half an inch of ice 


32 comments:

  1. This is your world eh? Great captures of the ice fishing (and scrolling down- all the activities on the ice:)) I wouldn't be able to concentrate on reading a book sitting in the cold, if I could do the same in a warm room!
    Was looking for your thumbnail pic for SEASONS, but I can't find it - hope it's still coming? Hope for one of the ice fishing:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted last night because it's been so tough to stay inside in this weather.

      Delete
  2. Wow, my wish is fulfilled within a minute:):) Wish I could go to Italy again (a heaven for painters), but maybe you remember we just built a studio...
    We were there 3 years ago (the same trip as when those short boots were bought)Thank you for celebrating the first year anniversary of ALL SEASONS me and the others! Have a great week!
    Do you do ice fishing too, or is it mostly men who do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is mostly men, but not all. I've gone once or twice when I was younger and we were roughing it. No power tools or shack or anything like that. I do remember and wish I could go again too. Happy Anniversary!

      Delete
  3. What lovely photos! (And there were no Swedish terrorists... ;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But our benevolent leader saw it on FOX news so it has to be true. #orangeJulius #Twitler

      Delete
  4. What lovely captures that goat tilting head made me smile :-)

    Have a bleattastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That goat was pretty close to climbing over the fence and joining us for a pint.

      Delete
  5. Those fishermen are devoted!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/02/laughter-yoga.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanna, every time I think of ice fishing I think of the movie "Grumpy Old Men" with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon. That's an absolutely hilarious movie and if you haven't seen it, then I highly recommend it! You will not get me in a canoe on the lake in warm weather let along in the middle winter. I don't know much about frozen lakes or ponds or anything but when you're able to canoe on pat of the water then it seems to be the ice is more volatile. Nope, I will keep my feet on solid ground. Good WW photos!

    not-so WW Middle Prong Little River

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vaguely remember that scene and can picture the two of them in the ear flap hats. I used to be in a canoe as often as possible and long for those days but I'd have to be a lot more nimble to try my river legs out in freezing water.

      Delete
  7. No thank you! LOL I would not be walking on that thin ice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or driving or as I saw last Sunday, dancing.

      Delete
  8. Goats and boats .... your blog made my day. I laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No goats or boats today but even though it was 72˚ there were still ice fishermen. Glad you got a guffaw, L&V.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurrah for goats, they truly have character

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one that wanted attention was very dog like. Very funny critter.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous sky shots but my favorites are of the delightful goats ~ love the one you use for your profile on FB ~thanks,


    Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That FB goat has a new bit added this week. They were so much fun.

      Delete
  12. They've been exceptional lately, but I think last night's was the best so far.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those goats are so cute. I have wanted some for our farm, but my husband thinks I am nuts. Way too cold for fishing! lol Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were amusing and the one was beyond adorable. I couldn't believe it when I thought I'd embrace the 72˚ weather and went to a state park just two days ago. There where people on the ice and dogs in the water.

      Delete
  14. I can't look at goat photos without smiling! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We passed them and my cousin didn't stop because she was all about the eagles. But we did get to visit on the way out. A few of them were pretty darn friendly.

      Delete
  15. Goats are such interesting animals and, I can see that they would act like pets if I treated them like pets! I suppose if I live where it snows like this, I'd learn to enjoy it like those that you captured! These are some really fun shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much if any snow on this short road trip. This was one of those days in the high 60s. It was sunny and beautiful although the bay was still mostly ice, people were also fishing in the open water. The one Cheesehead is working on a sunburn.

      Delete
  16. Great reflection, Jeanna! Have a happy weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am behind on the ones I really want to post from our last nice day, Wednesday. So beautiful outside then, J. Today back to ice and rain and snow. We are going from 72 (or higher that's what my car said) to 26 in a few days. Wisconsin, ugh. I will have them up for Seasons.

      Delete
  17. Thanks, Val, it was creepy and pretty with a little action going on upstage. It reminded me of a book cover. I can't wait to put up the photos from Wednesday where there were fishermen as dogs went swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. too funny about the canoeists..however we actually have canoe races ON ice(they attach skis to the bottom of the canoes I believe)...except this year spring came too soon so the river ice was unsafe!!!

    ReplyDelete

 Please don't link your blog in the comments or it will be deleted. Your comment, not your blog, but wouldn't that be unsettling? Blog Hop Links are in the sidebar.

Search This Blog

Big Rope Little Dog

It's been a tough week so I'll leave you with a few more phone pics. This rope smells like you and you belong to me therefore ...