Friday, May 26, 2017

Midway

If you think I'm talking about the Battle of, I'm not. But here's a picture of my handsome pop who was plucked out of high school and tossed onto a mine sweeper in WWII.
Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all who have served.

Clarence Francis Olson, WWII






The Brat Fest Midway in black and white.

About to be scrambled


Why is it fun to take photos of someone taking photos?


Jerry, one of the guys I met at the midway today


More photo ops here than at the actual Brat Fest which was already dreary. And then it rained


Rock. On.


It will get better little dude. Notice the Peter Griffin doll


Some people see any kind of vehicle and think, "I should be on my phone." 


I gave one of these to a guy running the slide. He didn't know what a brat was


10 comments:

  1. Did you stick around to see if the slide guy liked the brats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. He was happy somebody gave him something semi-warm to eat in the cold rain.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Those poor guys had to stand out there in the rain when it started and the ones I talked to were pretty chill.

      Delete
  3. Are brats sausages? Here the word means badly behaved children ;)

    I love the expressions in your Scrambler photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lol, short for bratwurst. They are a WI staple and there are competing bratwurst festivals here in town. Long story.

      Delete
  4. Great, beautifully clear B and W images and a tribute to your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my dad, but I was going to put up a photo of grandpa who was in WWI but I was talking about Midway so it didn't fit. Maybe in a later post.

      Delete
  5. Nice tribute to your dad (and your grandfather in the later post)..... my dad enlisted in the Navy in II, but he was over 30 and the father of two. I remember him coming home after -- I was in Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose there was a real patriotic fervor back then. My dad always talked about how he couldn't go to his high school graduation, I think that's why he wanted both his girls to go on to college. I'm glad he came home to you and your family. BTW, my ol' man hated the navy but loved the army when he was in the reserves and national guard.

      Delete

 Please don't link your blog in the comments or it will be deleted. Your comment, not your blog, but wouldn't that be unsettling? Blog Hop Links are in the sidebar.

Search This Blog

Big Rope Little Dog

It's been a tough week so I'll leave you with a few more phone pics. This rope smells like you and you belong to me therefore ...