Tuesday, July 9, 2019

The Especially Sad Say Cheese! Linky


It doesn't seem possible but we lost Bob on Saturday. Bob and I had a lot in common, mostly that we didn't like many people but we did like each other.


Bobby Boy made me think of the Moe Szyslak quote, "I'm a well-wisher in that I don't wish you any specific harm." He could be a real demon seed but that made it all the more special when he let you into his world, one that I picture looking like the Upside Down.


The photo-ready Teddy was originally called, "Bob" because his black and white head could be seen bobbing in the field on nature walks. That soon gave way to "Bob No" (his Facebook name) for obvious reasons.


His one-man roll call included Bob Barker, Handsome Bob, Mr. French, Roberto Clementi (his actual last name), Rat Boy #1, Big Rat and Crabby Pants (his park name). He was the elder of the two Rat Boy Brothers.




A daddy's boy, dandy and only child until he-who-shall-not-be-named came along, Bob knew what he liked and liked what he knew, another thing we had in common.




How he put up with me I'll never know, but the postseason will be all the poorer without him.


I love you, boy and I'll think of you every time I start singing songs from the seventies and pass the Walkies Park (which is pretty much every day). 


The car still smells like you and it feels as if you're right there beside me (which you shouldn't be, get back in your seat, Stank Breath).


It meant a lot to me that you let me into your funny, fuzzy, fractured, frazzled world.
Thank you for letting me in, boy, shhh, now everything's okay.



26 comments:

  1. Aw Jeanna. I don’t have the right words. Just so very sorry. It’s especially hard to know what to say when it is someone who always made you laugh. And when it is sudden...at least for me, I know I’m way behind reading posts so maybe you had said something before if he was ill, but I only remember reading funny posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were having a delightful time out for walkies then days later I heard he was sick. Shortly after that he was gone. It was very sudden and surprising. My cousin said the vet suspected cancer, but finding out what kind then treating it would be painful and costly.

      Delete
  2. So sorry for your loss of a wonderful furry friend! My in-laws used to have a very similar looking animal shelter rescue doggy and there's came with a name - B.B. Also a much loved companion. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That's why I called him, "Handsome Bob" Fi.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry. Bob sounds like a wonderful hound. #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I'm so sorry. xx
    #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! what a nice tribute to Bob sorry to hear the sad news, I enjoyed the photos and some nice fun ones there too

    My best wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve, it was an awful surprise at the end of a lousy week. I'm glad he was such a photogenic pup and enjoyed having his picture taken even though he sometimes pretended he didn't.

      Delete
  7. I am so very, very sorry to hear about your dear sweet Bob, it's never easy. Hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers and positive thought going out to you and your family. When you started naming other Bob's, I thought of a friend of mine's song-"Where's Bob". Here it is: https://youtu.be/H1ViYcafju0. Your Bob will be added to list of great Bob's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor you! I'm sorry for the loss...
    Hopefully he is now in heaven of dogs!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry honey. This is so hard. The embed themselves in our heart and remain there forever.

    Big healing hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandee, it happened so quickly and I can still smell him (stanky dog that he was). He sure did do that.

      Delete
  11. I’m so sorry for your loss. Bob sounds like a real character. Losing a furry friend is so tough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, geee, Jeanna. Big hugs to you. Bobby Boy's Spirit is no doubt soaring happily and peacefully through the Universe. He's already popping in on you with all his wonderful smell. Missy Molly sends hugs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie. My cousin gave me the paw print they made when they put him down, it's the last photo. I know it's kind of morbid but also kind of comforting. I'm looking for some fishing line or something to hang it in my car so it's like he's there. Kisses to Missy Molly ~smooch~ The image of Mr. French soaring through the universe is making me chuckle.

      Delete
  13. Oh, my, I am so, so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeanna, I'm so sorry! I know well the pain of losing a beloved pet. A big, strong hug.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop and for sharing dear Bob with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry, Jeanna that you have to miss Bobby:( Good I saw your comment on another blog, and thought, Oh Jeanna is back in blogland, so I could link up here:):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so very sorry too! What a sweetheart he was, making everyone happy! Sending you lots of sweet hugs and pats on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jeanna ~ I am so sad for the lost of your sweet furry friend ~ what love you shared ~ loving photos and warm memories ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry for your loss. what a sweet dog. Thanks for sharing your memories.

    dropping by from the MCoW linkup

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Jeanna, I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard loosing a family pet, they are loved. Cute photos of Bob and a wonderful tribute to your sweet Bob. Thank you for linking up your post today. Thanks also for all your visits and past comments! Sending big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry for your loss, what a beaut Bob was. #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete

 Please don't link your blog in the comments or it will be deleted. Your comment, not your blog, but wouldn't that be unsettling? Blog Hop Links are in the sidebar.

Search This Blog

Big Rope Little Dog

It's been a tough week so I'll leave you with a few more phone pics. This rope smells like you and you belong to me therefore ...