Wednesday, June 13, 2018

It Sounds Like Summer, Dang It

The free concert series down the way opened with the toe-tapping Dang-Its early Monday night. 


The mostly country foursome filled the pre-twilight air with classic country, a bit of blues and a rippling of folk. I seemed to have misplaced the steel guitarist.


Ah, there he is. It looked like rain with an unfriendly glare behind the band at the Warner Park shelter. And finding good lighting was difficult due to my reluctance to get out of my chair (except to take the photo below).


The kid is watching canine theater while granny has doubts about the little Shih Poo.


Meet Bruno and his dance partner. Who's a big ol' bruiser, who is?


The senior centric crowd sang along while the smell of brats beckoned. Mmm, can you smell them? I didn't take any photos because I was in my chair, remember.


And some of us got tired before the sun went down.

17 comments:

  1. Sitting in the chair at these kind of fun events is the place to be, unless it's up next to the chair dancing to the music. That's a great setting for a concert. I have the Dang-Its song playing over Creedence Clearwater. It works! "Senior centric" I like that. I'm not eccentric, I'm senior centric. Looking forward to saying that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I dragged a heavy duty lawn chair from my porch to the car down the path to the shelter so my fat arse was planted, babi! Ha, there is one of their cover songs stuck in my head but I don't know the name. Ha, senior ec centric? Please let me know the next time you use that in a sentence, haha. I picture an illustration.

      Delete
  2. That sure sounds like some toe tappin' fun! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't stop tapping my toes, that's fur sure, Brian.

      Delete
  3. What a fun afternoon. This is my kind of day.

    Hope you had a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite pleasant except for the schlepping of the chair (:

      Delete
  4. I love going to festivals! The music and food are always good!
    Thanks for sharing!

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, Lisa. I was too lazy to sample the food, but it smelled of brats which is the freshly cut grass of foods.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a perfect day to me! Festivals, music (of all kinds) crosses generations and strengthens bonds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one didn't cross too far, lol, but I look forward to going to more, Marjorie and Harvey.

      Delete
  6. I love this kind of event. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice series although I wouldn't want to be in that park when the sun goes down.

      Delete
  8. Free concerts sound like fun. I wish we had that kind of thing here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are from an old people's group down the way and a free one in the park every Monday in the warm weather, Nikki-ann.

      Delete

 Please don't link your blog in the comments or it will be deleted. Your comment, not your blog, but wouldn't that be unsettling? Blog Hop Links are in the sidebar.

Search This Blog

Big Rope Little Dog

It's been a tough week so I'll leave you with a few more phone pics. This rope smells like you and you belong to me therefore ...